16 Jan Expert Content, Video Marketing Predicted to Rule This Year
You’ve heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Then if that’s true, what does one minute of video get you? Try 1.8 million words. Although this stat has been around for a while, when it comes to using video marketing in your content efforts this year, experts predict business trends will continue to point toward the importance of video as a content marketing format.
A recent article on HubSpot reported, “Video is growing to dominate your audience’s online activity: 78% of people watch videos online every week, and 55% watch videos online every day. If you don’t already have a video marketing strategy in place for your website and social media, you’re missing a tremendous opportunity to reach and engage with your audience.”
Is Video Marketing Really Worth 1.8 Million Words?
It originated in a 2008 study, “How Video Will Take Over the World” by Dr. James McQuivey in which he claims that “video is worth 1.8 million words”. Then the stat was the result of some fun number juggling:
If a picture is worth 1,000 words and video shoots 30 frames per second…every second of video is worth 30,000 words. Multiply 30,000 by 60 seconds, which is a standard length for an explainer video, and you get 1.8 million.
But, not all video is created equally. As with any marketing tool, it will only be effective when it’s used correctly. That means understanding that quality counts. In today’s fast-paced world, video is still king. But, if you don’t invest in quality video marketing with expert content, you’re going to be nowhere near that golden 1.8 million number.
Customers are Responsive to Different Types of Video Marketing
Your customers are more responsive to video marketing campaigns than text or even a static image. Every style of video serves a different purpose for your marketing strategy. These include:
- On-Location Interviews– Ideal for gaining trust among prospective customers through a satisfied customer interview. They are also helpful for showing off your business with a tour of your facility.
- Event Coverage– Great to generate excitement for product launches and conferences.
- Product Demos– Perfect to show off a product or service to make it easier for consumers to understand your value proposition
- Corporate Promotional Video– Helpful for addressing internal subject matter and gain trust with high-ranking executives.
- Explainer Videos- Useful to break down complex topics into easy-to-understand pieces of information in a “how-to” format.
- Commercials– One of the most straightforward way businesses can advertise a product and increase brand awareness and generate leads to your website.
Video Marketing with Shamrock Communications
No matter your goals for 2017, video marketing can help you set the stage for success. Whether you need to boost website traffic, demonstrate thought leadership or engage visitors, the experts at Shamrock will help you create the right video strategy to meet (and exceed) your goals.
For more information on video marketing, visit our services page and contact the team at 732-686-1140 with any questions you might have.